So, finally we get some international cricket. The kind that we might be able to win. Might.
But I have a few questions.
1. What is with this whole starting at 12 noon business? In Dunedin, yeah it might work given the latitude, but are they going to do it in Napier as well?
2. Tim McIntosh took 38 deliveries to get off the mark. All well and good, but although they say you cant score runs in the shed, you also cant score runs if you're, y'know, not scoring them.
3. Also, Tim McIntosh is 29. Why are we continuing to give debut caps to guys who, lets face it, are old (in a sporting sense, don't kill me Mistress Backslash!)? Why aren't we using the fact that we're in a slump to blood some new guys and build some experience that won't be retired before we can use it?
4. How many times is Ian Smith going to get Tim McIntosh and Jamie Mackintosh confused?
5. Could whoever has the voodoo doll of Jacob Oram PLEASE PUT IT DOWN!
ETA: Oh look, we are 88 for 1 at lunch. I may have to be nicer to McIntosh. But that will probably jinx him.
ETA2: MOTHER OF GOD I NEVER WANTED TO THINK OF TONY COZIER IN SPEEDOS AND NOW I HAVE, KILL ME NOW!!!!!
On a better note, Daniel Flynn has managed to stop being attractive, and instead play attractive cricket. Never thought I'd see that.
What Shane Really Means is.....
4 years ago