Yes, campers, the Cheap Seats pick for the 2010 IPL season is...
For the following reasons:
1. Shane Bond. Yes, actually, he IS that good.
2. Ricky Ponting. Yes, he's Australian and yes, he is a bit of a prat, but he's still one of the best opening batsmen out there.
3. Brendon McCullum. Yes, he is that good-looking. And from Otago.
4. Ishant Sharma. For godsake just LOOK at him. Oh, and also he's a pretty good fast bowler in his own right. Might end up truly world-class if he keeps going at this rate.
5. They're named after one of the cheesiest television series EVER MADE. We at the Cheap Seats are easily amused and think that's fantasmic.
Sadly, my mate who lives in Bangalore has refused to go to the Royal Challengers Bangaluru vs Kolkata Knight Riders game holding up a sign saying YOUR MUM LOVES BONDY TOO on the grounds that it might get him beaten up.
Ah well, can't win 'em all. But hopefully the Knight Riders can.